Melbourne is the coastal capital of the southeastern Australian state of Victoria. Melbourne is home of many of Australia’s best-known landmarks, such as the Melbourne Cricket Ground, the National Gallery of Victoria and the World Heritage-listed Royal Exhibition Building. Noted for its cultural heritage, the city gave rise to Australian rules football, Australian impressionism and Australian cinema, and has more recently been recognized as a UNESCO City of Literature and a global centre for street art, live music and theatre. Melbourne has now attracted the largest proportion of international overseas immigrants.
To find out more, please visit these pages:
ALTA 2023 will take place in the Melbourne Connect. As a digital innovation ecosystem, Melbourne Connect represents a physical and programmatic convergence of many organisations and interdisciplinary institutions seeking to leverage research and emerging technologies to disrupt and transform our society. Melbourne Connect is the epicentre of digital talent in Melbourne, accessing an extensive pipeline of highly skilled graduates, emerging researchers and thought-leading academics. Melbourne Connect is powered by The University of Melbourne in partnership with a consortium led by Lendlease.
- Address: Melbourne Connect, 700 Swanston Street, Carlton, Victoria, Australia
- Phone: +61 3 9035 5553
- Web: https://melbconnect.com.au/
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Conference Venue Map
Tutorials and main conference will be held in the Forum on the Superfloor, Melbourne Connect. For more details, please refer to Melbourne Connect Venue Guide.
Melbourne Connect is easily accessible through a variety of transport options.
1, 3, 3A, 5, 6, 16, 64, 67, 72 & 19
- Flinders street & Melbourne Central - catch connecting trams: 1, 3, 3A, 5, 16, 64, 67 & 72
- North Melbourne – catch connecting bus 401 macaulay – catch connecting bus 402
- Parkville – (opening in 2025 as part of melbourne metro tunnel project)
200, 207, 250, 251, 401, 402, 403, 505 & 546
public bike parking spaces along grattan and Swanston streets
pick up and drop off point are located on grattan street taxi rank located on grattan street
- Car park: Cardigan House Parking location: 96 grattan st, Carlton VIC 3053 (for more information and prices).
- Car park: University of Melbourne, Parkville campus - eastern precinct car park location: 375 Cardigan st, Carlton VIC 3053 (for more information and prices).
Please ensure that you have checked with your airline to understand their policies regarding COVID-19 and have adequate travel insurance in place. Please also ensure you have taken the time to read all of the latest advice about travel to Australia and The University of Melbourne COVID-19 policy.
We’re delighted to offer 50 rooms for ALTA participants from November 29th to December 1st (3 nights) at Queens College. Here are the rates:
Accommodation (including continental breakfast):
- $88 per night per person.
- Lunch: $16 per day
- Dinner: $16 per day
- Morning Tea: $6.5 per day
- Afternoon Tea: $6.5 per day
Please note that ALTA will provide tea breaks and lunches throughout the workshop. Additionally, the ALTA dinner is included in the registration.
Room Details: Single rooms are available, and bathrooms are shared.
Booking Link: https://www.trybooking.com/CJBRB
For any modifications to your booking or further inquiries, please contact Queens College directly:
- Email: mailto:email@example.com
- Phone: +61 3 9349 0500
We look forward to welcoming you to the event!
ALTA 2023 will host a conference dinner for all participants on the evening of November 30th.
- Time: 6:30pm
- Restaurant: Stomping Ground Brewery & Beer Hall - Collingwood
- Location: 100 Gipps Street, Collingwood 3066, Australia
Stomping Ground is an independent brewery located in Collingwood, a few kilometers east of Melbourne Connect.
Depending on weather, mood and energy we recommend one of the following ways to get there after ALTA closes on Thursday:
- Walk! Join us for a leisurely 40 minute walk (2.8km) through one of Melbourne’s hippest suburbs!
- Bus 202 from Melbourne University/Swanston St to Hoddle St/Johnston St, and walk up Hoddle St to Stomping Ground (700m) https://maps.app.goo.gl/CV7Ktv99weoTuvv8A
- Bus 207 from Grattan/Lygon St to Hoddle St/Johnston St, and walk up Hoddle St to Stomping Ground (700m) https://maps.app.goo.gl/V7uT59DXbb2NHqKB9
We’ll leave from the Forum theatre near the Concierge’s desk at 5:30pm.
The ALTA organisers have pledged to have the lowest environmental impact we can. We have done this with our choice of menus, and our choice of preferred accommodation, which is walking distance to Melbourne Connect. We also strongly encourage taking public transport to the venue. Melbourne Connect is very well connected with a tram stop right outside its doors. We will have a “walking bus” from Melbourne Connect to our dinner venue the Stomping Ground in vibrant Collingwood. Melbourne Connect itself is a green building and uses run-off water from the roof for the bathroom stalls. It is designed to maximise sunlight and has sensors in every room to ensure that energy is conserved maximally. All conference catering will be vegetarian (as well as accommodating dietary restrictions including gluten-free and vegan options, as specified in the registration form).